Squid 2.3STABLE1 suddenly very slow.

From: Isabelle Moullet <Isabelle.Moullet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:51:08 +0100

Bonjour,

We experience a strange behaviour with Squid v 2.3 STABLE1 running on
a Solaris 2.6 machine (400Mhz, 1GB RAM).
It seems that once the number of TCP connections established (netstat
-sP tcp) reached a certain value (near 600) , the Median service
time of our cache given by the cachemgr tool becomes very high (> 2
sec. for the Misses..).
Any ideas ?
We use a quite small cache_dir of 1500 Mb.

What are the typical values expected for the median service times?
Is there any other indicator I can check via the cachemgr ?
Can I reach any documentation on all the different menus of the
cachemgr tool ?

Thanks for your reply..

Best regards

Isabelle Moullet