Re: Why was this page not cached?

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:04:48 -1000

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 12:04:59PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:

> Here are a couple of example lines from store.log:
> 950200024.143 RELEASE FFFFFFFF 200 950199958 -1 -1 text/html -1/21540 POST http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/swish-query.cgi
> 950201338.583 RELEASE FFFFFFFF 304 950029974 940884244 950116374 text/html -1/0 GET http://squid.nlanr.net/
> 950201338.635 RELEASE FFFFFFFF 304 950030049 935384563 950116449 image/gif -1/0 GET http://squid.nlanr.net/Icons/cache_now.gif
> 950201338.645 RELEASE FFFFFFFF 304 950029979 888944258 950116379 image/gif -1/0 GET http://squid.nlanr.net/Icons/squidnow.gif
> 950201338.648 RELEASE FFFFFFFF 304 950029978 843075881 950116378 image/gif -1/0 GET http://squid.nlanr.net/Squidlogo2.gif
>
> Cam someone please tell me why these are not being cahced?

They probably are. They're simply being released from RAM (which is
what the FFFFFFFF in place of a file name means) to make room for more
items in RAM. If you fetch them from squid again, you should see them
as hits on your disk cache.
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.