the LFUDA replacement policy

From: xytan <xytan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:06:09 +0800

  I've read the article 'Enhancement and Validation of Squid's Cache
Replacement Policy' wrote by John Dilley, Martin Arlitt and Stephane
Perret.
  In the article,they wrote sth. about the LFUDA policy:
     In the dynamic aging policy, the cache age factor is added to the
reference count when an object is added to the cache or an existing
object is modified. This prevents previously popular documents from
polluting the cache. Instead of adjusting all key values in the cache,
the dynamic aging policy increments the cache age when evictiong objects
from the cache, setting it to the key value of the evicted object. The
has the property that the cache age is less than or equal to the minimum
key value in the cache.
  I'm not so clear about the details of the policy above. Please explain
in detail for me that how the cache age factor works. Thank you!