Re: permission denied

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:21:16 +0100

Urban Grena wrote:

> > Which Squid version are you using? The above calculation is for Squid
> > 2.2, for 2.3 I think other rules apply..
>
> I am still using 2.2STABLE5.

Then the number of inodes should stay close to that formula you quoted
earlier. It cannot grow much above that.

> These numbers were obtained from the least recently created file system.
> It looks like number of zero sized files grows with time a lot quickier
> than non-zero sized ones...

Sorry.. what are the numbers WHEN you have problems..

As a workaround you could change USE_TRUNCATE_NOT_UNLINK to 0 in
src/defines.h, then "make clean" and "make install", restart Squid and
run "find /path/to/cahche_dir -type f -size 0 -print | xargs rm".

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker