RE: log files getting huge.

From: Rod Savard <rodney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:23:46 -0800

> How can I reduce the size of the log files(access.log, store.log)

Just an idea, but on many of the Squid servers we set up logging is not
needed. We simply make the access.log, cache.log, and store.log symlinks to
/dev/null. Then we don't have to worry about it. :-)

On systems where you do need logging, you should put a "squid -k rotate" in
your cron schedule... say once a week or something. This will help, too.

---
Rod Savard - Delphi Developer
Savard Software - Tri-Cities, Washington, USA
rodney@savard.com - http://www.savard.com