Re: Can someone PLEASE help me out??

From: Stuart Henderson <sthen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 18:53:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, Feb 14, 2000 at 09:46:50AM -0800, Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

> From the httpd snippet (this is the source httpd server for the images) I
> can see that the same gif is being grabbed by the squid server many times
> within a few minutes... I dont know how to analyze the squid log, but I
> hope it reveals a problem in my configuration...

This behaviour is exactly as expected. The times where Squid is
contacting the origin server are for requests where the client sent
an if-modified-since get (i.e. the object was in the client cache,
the client asked for verification).

You should arrange for your web server to present Expires headers
on static documents.