Re: Forward

From: <martin.stenhard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:03:51 GMT

Ok sorry for the unclear explanation. But what I looking for is a URL
forward that the client browse is aware off. So when a client calls for URL
http://admin.domain.com the proxy forwards the URL to a new
http://admin.domain2.com and the client is aware off the URL change and
continues accessing the new url http://admin.domian2.com.

>Never used NS proxy. Can you please describe the forward URL function it
>performs?

From the NS proxy manual.
"You can configure the proxy server to return a
redirected URL to the client instead of getting and
returning the document. With redirection, the client
is aware that the URL originally requested has
been redirected to a different URL. The client
usually requests the redirected URL immediately.
Netscape Navigator automatically requests the
redirected URL--the user doesn't have to
explicitly request the document a second time."

>Not surprised. The above pattern tells jersed to rewrite ANY URL
>beginning with http://admin.domain.com/ to the fixed URL
>http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Default.asp?Site=SU.

Hmm yes I am beginning to understand way this is not working.

>I don't understand what you are trying to do here. You cannot redirect a
>whole site to a single URL, and expect that single URL to act as the
>whole site.
I can do that with NS Proxy URL forward. Because the client is aware of the
forward and continues with the new URL.

>If you are looking for how to forward the URL to another proxy then see
>squid.conf, or more specifically cache_peer and cache_peer_access.
I am not looking for a forward to another proxy.