dial-up

From: Jeff Sacksteder <J-Sacksteder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:30:31 -0500

I have a Squid configured to proxy for a small lan via a demand-dial ISDN
router on a metered circuit. I want object requests to be serviced by the
proxy as much as possible, so as to limit the amount time the router spends
dialed out. I guess I'm a little fuzzy about the method used to determine if
an object is 'current' or no. If a http HEAD request is sent for each object
request, this doesn't get me much. Which squid.conf parameters do I need to
look at?