Re: -N option broken in 2.3stable1 (bug report) --fix!

From: Joe Rhett <jrhett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:15:39 -0800

>> Any combination of command line options which includes "-N" fails with
>> the following error:
>>
>> # /opt/squid/bin/squid -N
>> Feb 15 14:42:09 vpn1 syslog: xcalloc: Unable to allocate 1024 blocks
>> of 172 bytes! FATAL: xcalloc: Unable to allocate 1024 blocks of 172
>> bytes!

> I could not recreate this situation. squid -N works fine in my environment
>2.6

>> Also, during compilation I had to add "-lmapmalloc" to the AUXLIBS in
>> src/Makefile to get squid to compile. This is solaris2.6/x86 latest
>> patches.
>
> Same situation experienced here. Trying to compile on a
>X86 running either Solaris 2.5.1 or 2.6 with gcc 2.8.1 gives
>the same error and adding the "-lmalloc" (in my case) leads to
>successful compilation. Using the same OS and gcc on a Sparc
>leads to a successful compilation without the nead of adding a
>pointer to the malloc library!!

Actually, that was the fix. I recompiled with -lmalloc instead of -lmapmalloc
and now -N works perfectly fine. I dunno what I was thinking - too much
late night hacking ;(

So when can we expect stable2?

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
JRhett@ISite.Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.