Re: squid-2.3.STABLE1 internal DNS problems

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 21:41:44 +0100

Eelco M Glasl wrote:

> Switching back to external dnshelpers was the only way to make use of
> /etc/hosts again. It would be very helpful to have a configuration option
> like this:

Then do so. A accelerator does not make heavy use of DNS, and is not
helped by the internal DNS client implementation.

I don't think the internal DNS client will ever be extended to resolving
more than DNS. For other setups use the dnsserver helper process
(--disable-internal-dns) and whatever resolver mechanisms configured on
your host will be used.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker