Re: squid and user authentication

From: Wayne Bastow <wbastow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:54:44 +1100

Jim Chivas wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge they could share that will allow 'squid' to
> ask for a user and password before their browzer is allowed to access any
> site outside the local domain? Once authenticated I would like to be able
> to have a log file that keeps track of where these users go in their
> session.
>
> Any examples of 'squid' control files used or programs called to
> authenticate and record usage?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Jim,

Have a look at the FAQ. The access.log contains the name that the user
authenticated as for each site they visited. There is a program called
sqmgrlog (http://www.ineparnet.com.br/orso/index.html) that generates
nice reports based on user from the access logs.

Wayne

--
Wayne Bastow - DBA - Central Coast Health Phone: 61 2 43203231
Email: wbastowATccahsDOThealthDOTnswDOTgovDOTau