authenticacyion questions.

From: Jim Chivas <j_chivas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:11:14 -0800 (PST)

Greetings:

I have done some testing using the NCSA authentication routines. Can
someone answer the following questions:

1. The ERROR page I receive back when I get an authentication error makes
reference to an 'chpasswd.cgi' in cgi-bin. Can someone tell me where to
get this cgi script. It was not in my squid tar file.

2. The date at the bottom of the above error page shows the time as
GMT. WHy does this not reference my local time zone?

3. I would like to be able to use the auth routines for certain groups of
users and at certain times of the day. Can someone give me an example of
allowing only a 'student' group (using their class c ip range) to access
the proxy at a certain time of the day and be prompted for a user id and
password.

I will need to allow another group 'staff' (different class c ip range) to
have the same as the above group but for different time(s).

Is there a way to use and/or in these 'http_access' directives.

Thanks

Jim

Jim Chivas, Computing/Network Services email: jchivas@langara.bc.ca
Langara College fax: (604) 323-5349
100 West 49th Avenue Voice: (604) 323-5390
Vancouver, B.C., Canada http://www.langara.bc.ca
V5Y 2Z6