Re: authenticacyion questions.

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:53:50 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Jim Chivas wrote:

> 1. The ERROR page I receive back when I get an authentication error
> makes reference to an 'chpasswd.cgi' in cgi-bin. Can someone tell me
> where to get this cgi script. It was not in my squid tar file.

See FAQ section 10.3 for a link to chpasswd.cgi.

> 2. The date at the bottom of the above error page shows the time as
> GMT. WHy does this not reference my local time zone?

Squid never bothers to adjust its times for local time zones - this gets
asked a lot, so there may have been a workaround posted that you could
find in the archives.

> 3. I would like to be able to use the auth routines for certain groups
> of users and at certain times of the day. Can someone give me an
> example of allowing only a 'student' group (using their class c ip
> range) to access the proxy at a certain time of the day and be
> prompted for a user id and password.

You can try (for week days, 9-5):

acl working_hours [D] [9:00-17:00]

or for weekends, all day:

acl weekends [AS] [0:00-23:59]

See squid.conf for more details.

> Is there a way to use and/or in these 'http_access' directives.

Yes this logic exists but I don't remember exactly how it works - someone
else will have to explain it for you, I'm afraid.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781