Re: Newbie question

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:27:51 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Lefteris Xanthakis wrote:

> Hello, this is my first posting in this list. I've set up a an
> instance of Squid (version 2.3.STABLE1) for experimentation purposes
> in a network which is already served by 2 organisation managed Squids.
> My question is this: Is adding my cache to the other caches
> squid.conf adequate (and adding them to mine, of course) or is some
> other form of action required?

If you want to add your new proxy as a sibling to the existing ones, once
they have been told where to find yours all the caches should talk to each
other properly. However, depending on your network environment, you may
want a slightly more sophisticated setup; e.g. making your new proxy a
child of the existing ones may make more sense, or you might want to use
cache digests, and so on.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781