Re: Hacking Access log code

From: Wayne Bastow <wbastow@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:53:59 +1100

"Denis J. O'Toole" wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I am looking for a small hack for Squid V2.2S5 or V2.3S1 that will
> log the IP address in the URL string of the Access log rather than the
> FQDN. Because I work for a University with a rather over-complicated
> Internet Accounting system that is dependant on three different
> networks, the IP would be much easier to work with.
>
> If anyone can help with a patch/diff, or something similar, I would
> really appreciate it.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Denis J. O'Toole mailto:Denis.OToole@vu.edu.au
>
> "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
> We don't believe this to be a coincidence." - Jeremy S. Anderson

Maybe what you want is to look in the squid.conf file for this:

# TAG: log_fqdn on|off
# Turn this on if you wish to log fully qualified domain names
# in the access.log. To do this Squid does a DNS lookup of all
# IP's connecting to it. This can (in some situations) increase
# latency, which makes your cache seem slower for interactive
# browsing.
#
#log_fqdn off

Wayne

--
Wayne Bastow - DBA - Central Coast Health Phone: 61 2 43203231
Email: wbastowATccahsDOThealthDOTnswDOTgovDOTau