connect_timeout

From: David Bannon <D.Bannon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:45:40 +1100

Hi (squid) Folks,

Anyone tell me more about the connect_timeout parameter. My squid waits for
it to timeout (defaults to 120 seconds) before delivering certain pages.
Pages that have dynamic content typically (??).

My setup ?

A linux redhat 5.1, running current stable squid. Getting its feed from a
local parent on campus via 8080. I am sure the delay is due to the
connect_timeout because I can set it to any figure I like and the delay
becomes that figure. If I set it to one second the system becomes almost as
good as it should be but I'm sure that is not the way it is supposed to work.

Any suggestions ??

david
David Bannon D.Bannon@latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd, Fax 61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083 http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au
..... Humpty Dumpty was pushed !