Re: "connection failed" error / ftp-sites with username+password

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 07:21:12 +0100

Are you inside a firewall?

If so, have you configured never_direct to tell this to Suqid?

The syntax for FTP URL's is

ftp://username:password@servername/path/to/open/

If you are using Netscape Navigator/Communicator then the :password part
can be left out from the above, and Squid will cause the browser to show
a authentication dialogue where the password can be entered "hidden"
from people looking over your shoulder.

Uploading files is also possible from Netscape browsers if you have
opened a FTP directory (the URL ends with a /)

The above URL syntax can also be used for automatically logging in to a
web site when using a Squid proxy.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker