Re: Hacking Access log code

From: Denis J. O'Toole <Denis.OToole@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 09:30:04 +1100

Jens, Henrik & Squiders,

    Thank you for your input so far, I have been impressed with the number
of responses so far.

    It seems that my original request was not as clear as I thought, though
Jens was 100% correct
    with his diagnosis. As he has pointed out, it seems that I should look
into the access_log.c code.

    Post processing of the access.log file is something I have done since we
started using squid. I have written
    a few FQDN > IP Octet programs over the years, but with more than 1
Million hits a day, these logs
    are taking longer and longer to process. I was hoping that skipping this
step would be an advantage,
    provided the performance of squid does not drop too drastically.

--
Regards,
Denis J. O'Toole mailto:Denis.OToole@vu.edu.au