different behaviour for CDDB request between Squid/2.0.PATCH2 and Squid/2.2.STABLE5

From: Diarmuid Collins <diarmuid.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 10:33:14 +0000

Hi,
        I hope this question hasnt come up before. I have searched the
squid web site for it and read the FAQ and I didnt come across any
info on my problem.

We have two different offices at work with a very similar setup. I had set
up xmcd (a cd player with CDDB support) in one office and it worked fine.
However recently I have moved to the other office and installed xmcd and
the CDDB support was broken. With a bit of digging I figured out that the
requests the xmcd player uses are handled differently between Squid/2.0.PATCH2
and Squid/2.2.STABLE5. Here is a telnet session to the two proxies :

telnet xxxx 3128
Trying 193.xx.xxx.xx...
Connected to xxxx.
Escape character is '^]'.