Documentation for Squids SNMP OIDs

From: Andreas Michligk <andreas.michligk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:36:47 +0800

Hello *.*

We are using MRTG to observe Squids performance. Up till now we have only looked at the HTTP In/Out traffic but would like to widen our statistics.
Now, I have a list of the Squid OIDs (from: http://ircache.nlanr.net/Cache/Statistics/mrtg/mibdefs.pm) but you never really know what these polled values then actually are.

E.g. cacheDnsSvcTime: what EXACTLY does that give you. The average dns service time of a squid request? In what ... ms? This would sound sensible to me, unfortunately the values I get (an average value of 6, maximum of 103) do not match with the values of my cache manager which displays milliseconds.

I guess what I want to know is if there is a better documentation for MRTG running on Squid. Is there? Anybody know?

Thanks a lot from Singapore,

Andreas

Andreas Michligk
andreas.michligk@siemens.com.sg