async-io or no aysnc-io

From: Jason Thompson <jthompson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:33:09 -0000

Hi All,

I will be setting up a squid server soon, and was hoping if someone could advise me if I should use async-io or not. Please could you explain to me the reason for having this option.

The server spec will be:

Intel Penitum 166
256Mb RAM
2 x 2GB IDE Hard Disks
1 x 100Mb Network Card

OS: Redhat 6.0

Internet Connection: 64kbs (soon to be 128kbs)

This spec will be serving a maximum of 100 clients, in a school. Will this spec be enough?

Finally, anyone know if Corel Linux Deluxe is (a) any good, and (b) suitable for running squid?

Thanks

Jason