Cacheing

From: Subba Rao <subb3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:40:44 -0500

I am using Squid in conjunction with Junkbuster. The banner adds blocking
is working fine. One of the main purpose of Squid is not working for me, i.e. cacheing.
What configuration flags should be enabled/disabled for cacheing to work?

I thought I defined the cache directory in the config file.

cache_dir ufs /var/squid/cache 100 16 256

Each time I visit a static site, the page is loaded. The same pages were not
reloaded via Apache proxy module. If I can get squid to cache the web, then I plan to
delete the Apache proxy module.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Subba Rao
subb3@attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com