connection lifetime expired

From: Phil N <pnewlon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:06:42 -0500

I've searched the FAQ and archives for this, hopefully this isn't one of the FAQ's that everyone
hates and I've missed somehow. :/

I have had a transparent proxy running for about 4 months without a hitch until yesterday.
Everytime a user attempt to connect to a site s/he receives the following message:

  The following error was encountered: Connection Lifetime Expired.
  Squid has terminated the request because it has exceeded the
  maximum connection lifetime.

There is no bias against any particular site - it happens to all of them.

  | users | | proxy | | road |

Users = Win98, Internet Explorer 5.0
Proxy = RH Linux 6.1 IPchains REDIRECT to Squid on 3128
      = DHCP address from Road Runner

I can connect to the box remotely so it isn't a connectivity issue.

Any help would be appreciated! Phil