RE: FreeBSD 3.4, Squid 2.3 Stable 2 Reboots server with large files

From: Rudy Komsic <rudyk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:20:20 -0500

Actually I had been able to fix this by going from 2.3 S2 to 2.4 Devel 2. Also, I started using the DiskD and it stabled out the Server... FreeBSD 3.4 and UFS/Async-IO just chokes and reboots my server. DiskD on the otherhand, makes it purrr like anything I have ever seen.

I would recommend people who has problems with FreeBSD 3.4 to goto Squid 2.4D2 with Diskd turned on. It saved my insanity :)