LIMITING BANDWIDTH?

From: Ben Mckellar <ben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:50:56 +1100

Hi,

My squid proxy box has been up for 35 days, i looked at my router and
noticed a rather high percent bandwidth stream. There was little activiy on
the network. This puzzled me for a few days.

I rebooted the squid proxy server and noticed when the mahcine was down, my
bandwidth usage suddenyl decreased quite a large amount.. from like 60%
80% 90%.. then it went down to 9% 20% 40%.. which is about normal.

What i cant figure out is why was my squid box using so much bandwidth? And
now i have rebooted it, it seems to be working without any problems and the
bandwidth is back to normal. I am waiting to see if it goes up again.

This issue doesnt have anything to do with my users and usage.. cause its
rather a small user amount..

hmm

This prompted me to ask the question.. Is there a way to throttle the speed
somehow and tell squid to only use a specfied amount of my bandwidth to
avoid this problem...??

Cheers

Thanx in Advance..

Ben Mckellar