DIRECT for local networks

From: Ricardo Kustner <r.kustner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:17:45 +0100 (CET)

I've searched the FAQ and mailinglist archive, but I haven't found a
definite answer to my problem...
Is it possible to have squid tell the browser to DIRECT-ly fetch a page
off certain server, instead of getting it from squid?
This is because we a few network addresses which are local and we don't
want them to be cached/fetched through the proxy... so if a browser request
a page in 212.206.24.0/32, it should directly contact that host instead of
squid doing this for the browser...
I know it's possible to do this with autoproxyconfig scripts, but I've
heard that it's not reliable for all browser versions.
Any suggestions? no_cache & always_direct don't really seem to do what i need.

maybe it's possible to use some kind of wrapper daemon that decides which
hosts should be forwarded to squid and which to contact directly? I could
try to make something like that myself, but if there's something out there
already I don't want to re-invent the wheel... plus i'd prefer to have this
handled by squid...

TIA,
Ricardo.