Re: Can you help me?

From: Martin Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 06:30:15 +0000

> Shane Hatcher wrote:
>
> I have built a new Linux box, version 5.2,

My my, and I thought Linux 2.4 hadn't even been released yet. I take it
you mean "Redhat 5.2".

> and enabled squid. I
> want to get into the www
> cache manager interface but can't figure out how to change or add the
> cache manager password. Can you please tell me how to change or add
> the cachemanager password.

You need to edit the squid.conf file to specify which password(s) you
want to use. This is well documented in the .conf file itself and I
think there are a few references in the Squid FAQ.

--
Martin Brooks, Systems Administrator
martin@gointernet.co.uk