open(/dev/zero): Too many open files

From: CoNetiX-Info <info@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 14:28:59 GMT

Hello list,

I have the honor to administrate s Squid with more the 3.000 users on
it. It works a long time quite well. But since a few weeks theres a
strange behavior. I pastet the several error Messages here.

1) What does this mean and hot to fix it. This happens nearly every
(sometimes second) day.
> open(/dev/zero): Too many open files
> libthread panic: alloc_chunk (PID: 22803 LWP 1)
> stacktrace:
> ef5c9a30
> ef5c84a4
> ef5c80c4
> ef5cef18
> ef5cb8b4
> ef5d1e18
> ef54ff28

2.) Im not sure how to fix this ....
> ibthread panic: alloc_chunk (PID: 22754 LWP 1)
> stacktrace:
> ef5c9a30
> ef5c84a4
> ef5c80c4
> ef5cef18

> ------------------------------------
> store_client.c:157: failed assertion `e->store_status !=
STORE_ABORTED'
> Startup: Fri Mar 17 13:58:43 MET 2000
> Startup: Fri Mar 17 14:05:39 MET 2000
> -------------------------------------

I changed the value up to 15 dnsserver. Maybe a higher value solves
the problem ?
> FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests

Any hints + tips are highly welcome.

Thanks in advance...

Clemens