Re: open(/dev/zero): Too many open files

From: Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski <B.Solarz-Niesluchowski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:48:26 +0100

At 16:27 00-03-19 +0000, CoNetiX-Info wrote:
>Hello list,
>
>I have the honor to administrate s Squid with more the 3.000 users on
>it. It works a long time quite well. But since a few weeks theres a
>strange behavior. I pastet the several error Messages here.
>
>1) What does this mean and hot to fix it. This happens nearly every
>(sometimes second) day.
> > open(/dev/zero): Too many open files
How many filedescriptors are allowed on your system....?

I changed the value up to 15 dnsserver. Maybe a higher value solves
>the problem ?
> > FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> > FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> > FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> > FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests
> > FATAL: Too many queued dnsserver requests

Please instal and use squidmgr.cgi - there are important squid internal
parameters (e.g. usage of dnsserver's)

Best Regards

* Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski *
* Administrator WSISiZ *
* Motto - nie psuj Win'9x one i bez tego sie psuja.... *
* Jak sobie poscielisz tak sie wyspisz *