Disadvantage to building with unused options?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:32:50 -0500 (EST)

My build of Squid was configured at build time with the
"--enable-snmp" and "--enable-icmp" options. Given that I don't use
those feature, would it be adviseable to rebuild without them?

(My cache is not part of a parent/child relationship, so the
"--enable-icmp" is useless to me. I don't use SNMP monitoring so
"--enable-snmp" doesn't do me any good either.)

I assume that enabling additional Squid feature like those above
increases the amount of system RAM used. What I'm think more about,
though, is performance.

Does having these unused options enabled reduce the performance of
Squid compared to not having these enabled?

Thanks.

*** Steve Snyder ***