dnscache appears to be calling my ISP continually

From: Squid User <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:04:01 -0000

Hi,

Just installed Squid 2.2.STABLE4-8 on Linux Red Hat 6.1.

Linux box is on Ethernet Network and there's an ISDN router which gives
Internet access on demand.

Linux box also runs Apache and acts as a backup DNS for my network.

As soon as a web request is sent (via Squid) the page appears correctly,
appears in the cache and then traffic is generated which either keeps the
ISDN line up forever, or lets it drop for a short while and then calls it
again.

Anyone any ideas which option in Squid to disable to stop it doing this?

I'm guessing it's something to do with dnsserver, cache hierarchy of stay
alive messages....

Thanks in advance,

David Lewis.