Re: How do I delete a record in IP Cache?

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 05:57:44 -0700

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Anar Babayev wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I need to delete a record in IPCache, because the ip of the given host
> changed. I don't know how to update this record.

you can not do it. You'd have to restart squid.

> OR
>
> How do I make squid to make dns_lookup again, so that it can update the
> record?
>
> I thought setting positive_dns_ttl as low as possible would help.
> But ttl field in Ipcache stats shows relatively high values?
>
> I must be wrong to think these are the same values.

Depends which version you use.

For 2.3, with internal DNS lookups, Squid uses the TTL from the
DNS reply. In this case, 'positive_dns_ttl' is not used.

If you have an older version, or are using external dnsserver
lookups without the "DNS_TTL hack", then positive_dns_ttl is used.

Duane W.