Re: Linux and superblocks

From: Sander van Vugt <sander.van.vugt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:22:08 +0200

AFAIK, there's a difference between the 5% which is reserved by default
for the root user on an EXT2 filesystem and superblocks. Superblocks
contain some essential information which is needed to mount a
filesystem. There's a copy of them at least every 8192 blocks, on larger
filesystems every uhhhh 4*8192 blocks. I don't know of any option to
eliminate them.

Sander

Juha Saarinen wrote:

> Yes, it is.
>
> man mke2fs:
>
> -m reserved-blocks-percentage
> Specify the percentage of reserved blocks for the super-
> user. This value defaults to 5%.
>
> -- Juha

Disclaimer

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of
the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the Azlan Holdings bv and/or
subsidiary. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited.

Azlan Holdings MIS Helpdesk by telephone on
+31 (0) 79 3443200.