Re: Problem in installing

From: Dongho Lee <coolness@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:46:02 +0900

----- Original Message -----
From: "SREEDHAR BANDI /INFOTECH/HYD" <SREEDHAR@INFOTECH.ICICI.com>
To: <squid-users@ircache.net>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2000 4:16 PM
Subject: Problem in installing

> I am facing the strange problem with the squid. Though the installation is
> successful, I am not able to use the squid server as a proxy server. It
> just says, Access denied from the client. I am not very professional in this

The problem is access right. if you want to access to proxy server, check your
squid.conf setting.
open %squid_dir%/etc/squid.conf file using editor.

and check ACL part.
find the pattern : "INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM ..."
default is http_access deny all
if same as above, you cannot use proxy server.
check FAQ from squid-set site.

my setting value is "http_access allow all"
check this