Re: Transparent FTP Proxying/Caching...??

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:31:07 +1000

It won't work. Squid does not handle FTP requests unless they originate
from a web browser or other application which parses them as a URL. It
will not handled FTP requests from an FTP application unless that
application knows that it is talking to a web proxy and not directly to a
remote web site.

Have you thought of reading the FAQ at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ.html or archives before you posted
this question to the list? You'll find many other useful questions and
answers there too. This question is asked and answered on a daily basis on
this list...

reuben

At Monday 04:01 PM 27/03/2000 +0200, Dave Wilson wrote:
>Hi guys, Howzit going?
>
>I'm running squid2.2stable4 on freebsd 3.4, in transparent mode using the
>"route-map" feature in Cisco to redirect http packets to my proxy box to
>do my http proxying and it works brilliantly.
>
>I have tried to apply similar rules that http uses to the Cisco router so
>that it can redirect all ftp traffic to my squid box but I can't seem to
>get it working.......:(
>
>Please help me out if you have any ideas...
>
>Regards
>Dave Wilson

Reuben Farrelly West Ryde, NSW 2114, Australia