Re: ONLY URL INSTEAD OF IP ADDRESS

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:52:23 +1000 (EST)

On 27 Mar 2000, Victor Hugo Delgado wrote:

> Dear Friends:
>
> I need to configure Squid to let only Urls !

Please don't ask me directly about Squid usage - if you post to the list I
will read it and reply if I have an answer.

> I mean that my users only get access to outside world using URLS.
> when my users wants to use IP Address they must to be refused!

Try the following:

acl IP_address_hosts url_regex ^http://([0-9]{1,3}.){3}[0-9]{1,3}/

I haven't tested this, but the intention is that it match any URL whose
host's name consists of four 1 to 3 digit numbers seperated by dots, i.e.
xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa, which makes the host name actually an IP address.

You can then block this with something like:

http_access deny IP_address_hosts
http_access allow <whatever rules you have for your clients>

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781