Re: ONLY URL INSTEAD OF IP ADDRESS

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:47:15 +0200

Kendall Lister schrieb:

> Try the following:
>
> acl IP_address_hosts url_regex ^http://([0-9]{1,3}.){3}[0-9]{1,3}/

You may need to backslash escape the dot, otherwise it is a joker
metachar.
Also, you may need to look out for port numbers, username, password etc.
The
following was not tested, either, and just looks at IP address and
potential
port:

acl IP_address_hosts url_regex
^http://([0-9]{1,3}\.){3}[0-9]{1,3}(:[0-9]+)?/

And then there are some strange sites out there still using 32bit single
bigints in order to circumvent just such ACLs. As discussed on this
list,
those bigints will be resolved by most resolver libraries. Therefore,
you may
need to add another regexp

# additional ACL
acl IP_address_hosts url_regex ^http://[0-9]{4,10}(:[0-9]+)?/

Finally, I have seen users trying octal dotted quads, but, thank God,
those
will not work with some resolvers I have seen, though they may match the
rule
on top.

--
Le deagh dhùrachd,