Squid server and Firewall

From: DANNY KHALIL <danny.khalil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:38:43 +0300

We have the squid server located on the DMZ, meaning that internal
users will have to go thru the firewall which does NAT to get to
the squid proxy.

I am thinking that this is not such a good idea, and maybe I should move
the squid server to the internal network so that users will get
to it before going thru the Firewall and the NAT deal. what do you
think? would I be cutting down on delays and load on the firewall
since the FW would be performing NAT on the squid IP only and not on
any client trying to access the cache.

any thoughts are appreciated.

        -Danny-