Re: Irix 5.3 or 6.2

From: Simon Woods <Simon.Woods@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:00:05 +0200

Hi Scott,

We have been using squid in various incarnations on 5.2, 6.2 and more
recently 6.5 boxes. The proxys we have running at the moment are not a
patch on what you have but have never caused any major problems.

Use the C compiler supplied with the SGI in preference to the gcc or
what ever it is called now. We had problems with the netmask - complains
about not being able to reach machines with IP Addresses 0.0.0.0.
Apparently a problem with the gcc implementation on SGI. The only
problem is that the C compiler costs money usually - maybe the GNU C
compiler works better now - let me know how you get on.

Otherwise no problem.

Just do it!

Simon Woods

Scott Farrand wrote:

Has anyone on this list used Squid with Irix 5.3 (which I currently
have)
or Irix 6.2 (I'm going to have)?

I have a couple of Challenge L boxes that have been donated and I'm
trying
to find something useful for one of these boxes to do...

quad R4400 @ 150
1gb ram
4gb FWD disks...

Any thoughts?

--
    Siemens Business Services EBS D CKS
    Mch P/Ca, Carl-Weri-Strasse 22, 81739 Muenchen, Germany