Removing class of objects from cache

From: Thomas Keusch <thomas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 02:34:47 +0200

Hello,

I'm running Squid 2.2-STABLE4 on FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE on my home LAN server.
The box serves about 3-5 boxes only, so spool size is rather limited.

As I updated two Debian boxes via apt-get/http, I now have somewhere between
200 and 300 MB of Debian Packages in the cache, which outdate very quickly
and after installation aren't much useful anyway.

Is there some way to remove all *.deb objects from the cache?

I heard of a "client" utility, but it has no manpage and "--help" doesn't
seem to offer an option to remove stuff from the cache.

Or is refresh_pattern the way to go? If so, what would be a good setting?
Will the object be removed immediately, or when the cache begins approaching
the high water mark for the cache_dir size?

Any clues greatly appreciated

Have a nice day,
  Thomas.