Logs/Changing path to log files.

From: Phillip Malone <pmm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:34:16 +1000

Hi guys, quick question for safety reasons (don't want to stuff up my
proxy server). Is there any problems in changing the path to store log
files on a running system (i.e. is it possible to reconfigure the
location of some of the logs on a proxy that's been up for some time).

I have been asked to store my log files for a longer time and want to
free up some space on the file system that contains the access log. I
thought that I could move some/all of the other logs to a different file
system. Would this cause problems with any of the logs? If it doesn't, I
guess I would need to move all of the old logs to that location as well?

TIA

Phillip Malone