Cannot get debugging to turn on

From: Tewari, Vijay <vijay.tewari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:12:45 -0800

I am running squid 2.2 stable 5 on RH 6.1 (Kernel 2.2.12)

If I change the debug_options in the squid.conf to

debug_options ALL,9

my proxy fails to connect to its parent proxy. It claims that
it cannot connect to the parent proxy and hence cannot
service client requests. It also complains of not being able
to select source for the file (File too large)

Ditto if I try and turn on debugging by squid -k debug

What am I missing ?

Regards
Vijay