Re: Is it possible to cache ASP pages?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 23:26:38 +0200

Yes, by changing the ASP application to return the appropriate headers.
In the response object you must set both cache-control to public, and a
expire time.

At close to the top of the ASP file (before any HTML content):

<%Response.CacheControl="public"%>
<%Response.Expires=1440%>

Enables the page output to be cached in a shared cache (proxy) for up to
1 day (1440 minutes). See also the ExpiresAbsolute response property.
According to a book I have the expiry time can be set from the directory
properties in MMC, but I have not tried that myself. In any case the
CacheControl tag is needed to make the page cachable.

Also make sure you do not block caching for the content with the
no_cache tag in squid.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker