delay between 2 squids

From: William Jackson <wj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:24:58 +0200

I have an internal squid that has my DMZ squid as its only parent and the
internal squid can only reach the Internet via the DMZ squid.

The pages load but exteremely slowly.

so to test the configuration I opened up my firewall to allow my browser to
connect directly to the DMZ squid cache
the pages load very quickly.

so there must be somesort of delay between the Internal squid and the DMZ
squid.

the firwall allows

from internal to DMZ squid:

        udp 3130
        tcp 8080

and like I said before the pages load but slowly.

Does anybody know what I can tweak to reduce this delay?

somesort of timers etc..

may thanks

William Jackson