Re: UserAgent Query

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:18:19 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 jtonkin@DOGBERT.LINZ.GOVT.NZ wrote:

> Will each client's IP address/authenticated username be included in
> the useragent logs. I need a way to trace IP addresses of client's to
> usernames (NCSA auth module)

Have you tried it for yourself? Did it work? If it did, you would know the
answer by now and you wouldn't have to wait for a reply here - if it
didn't, you might have some specific error messages to post with your
question that could mean you'll get the eventual answer quicker than you
have now.

For what it's worth, yes, the user name will be logged, but I recall
someone reporting that a special step was needed to ensure the name was
logged for every request, not just the first one in a session.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781