Re: smb_auth failing

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:20:26 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Scroggins, Kelly wrote:

> Domain controller IP address: 10.116.xxx.xxx
> Domain controller NETBIOS name: PDC-SERVER
> Contents of //PDC-SERVER/NETLOGON/proxyauth:
> ERR
>
> Does this mean that smb is working? Is the squid box actually seeing
> the domain and the PDC? I'm sure the users have read rights to the
> 'proxyauth' file in the 'netlogon' directory.

It means that smb_auth was able to connect to the share, but couldn't read
the file 'proxyauth' - what happens if you try to get this file manually
through smbclient, logging in as one of the proxy users?

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781