Quick store.log question

From: Tom Williams <tom.williams@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 18:03:15 -0700

Hi! I'm doing some close studying of my Squid 2.3-STABLE1 cache and I've
learned that NO "SWAPIN" actions have been logged in my "store.log" file.
It seems like only "RELEASE" and "SWAPOUT" entries exist. Is this normal?
According to the FAQ, "RELEASE" entries with a file number or all F's
(i.e. FFFFFFFFFFFF) means an object was released from memory. I see a TON
of those and a TON of SWAPOUT entries which should mean an object was
written to disk.

Am I correct in assuming that NO objects are being located in the cache if
I don't see any SWAPIN entries in store.log? I do see some TCP_HIT entries
in cache.log. I'm starting to get confused. I'm using the GDSF
replacement policy on a 500MB cache with 32 primary directories and 256
secondary directories. I've also got 8 external dnsservers running. The
performance seems to be really good, but that just might be the DSL line on
the Internet side of the proxy and not Squid.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Peace......

Tom