Re: http_accel, virtual hosts, and logging.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:12:50 +0200

Greg Retkowski wrote:

> It is configured as such:
>
> http_port 80
> tcp_incoming_address 192.216.138.109
> httpd_accel_host localhost
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_with_proxy off
>
> With this configuration named virtual hosts works for the clients
> requesting them however 'localhost' is logged on every request
> (pre-patch of course).

This does not work. All requests will be cached as localhost, not the
virtual domain requested by the client.

Which Squid version is this? The virtual domains shouldn't work at all
with this config..

What you need is
httpd_accel_uses_host_header

And then you need some method for Squid to map the virtual domains to
the accelerated servers. One way to do so for a single accelerated
server is to use my httpd_accel_single_host patch.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker