Re: cgi access denied in accel mode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:23:39 +0200

Morten Rønseth wrote:

> on 4/4/00 11:58 PM, Henrik Nordstrom at hno@hem.passagen.se wrote:
>

> > Your Squid loops back on itself, and therefore denies the request (also
> > quite visibly noted in cache.log).
> >
> Hi,
>
> This seems also to my problem (see: 'Squid 2.3 and Apache under mosxs 1.2')
> - we are getting 'Forwarding loop detetcted for...'. Anybody got an idea as
> to how to rectify this?

You have to find out why Squid thinks that the IP address it should
contact when retreiving the object is it's own IP address.

One think you need to remember is that you cannot both proxy and
accelerate the request at the same time. Squid won't normally realize
that the request it is proxying is for the accelerated server, so if you
are using the accelerator as a proxy for your users you must make sure
that the no-proxy settings in the browser(s) are used to not proxy
requests for your the servers your proxy accelerates.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker