Re: http_accel, virtual hosts, and logging.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 20:37:42 +0200

Greg Retkowski wrote:

> I'm boggled as to why it would work _sometimes_ with this option off.

Because your Squid version ignores the Host header of the request, but
forwards it to the origin server. This is corrected in later versions of
Squid to make sure the Host header matches Squids opinion on what server
is being requested.

> Now that it works I'm trying to figure out why index pages are not
> being cached. wierdness.

Try the cacheability check engine.
http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py (a mirror of the service,
the home page was mentioned some days ago on squid-users)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker